Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday Thoughts on Friday: Weekend Project

The weekend is almost here, and I have decided to make it a bit different than my usual. All of my running buddies are out of town in various places hunting Elk or Quail, so I contemplated heading to Dallas for the large Texas/OU weekend festivities. However, while browsing Craigslist this week I ran across something that caught my eye, a large customized, backyard cooler:



No, I’m not going to buy it from him. I am going to build my own. As far back as I can remember, I have always loved to build things and this cooler will(could) look perfect in my backyard! The problem is I may be over my head on this one, and I’m not sure I can even get close to pulling it off… I’m no Bob Villa(Trust me), and I have no wood shop. However, I do have determination and a brand new Miter saw that has been sitting in my garage, still in the box, for over a year. Is it bad that I don’t even know what a freaking Miter Saw is!….kidding. When(if) finished I hope to deck it out with some sweet personalized logos. Hopefully something like this:

I think this will be quite the expirence and no matter how ugly, unleveled, off balanced the cooler project ends up, it will be MY ugly, unleveled, off balance cooler! I will keep you updated, and hopefully someday soon you can come over and treat yourself to a frosty beverage out of it!

Here is what I am starting with, wish me luck:




Happy Friday and Weekend to all. For this weekend only Go TEXAS and HORNS UP!! Cheers!!









4 comments:

  1. Wow! Can't wait to see it...I know you can (and will) do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to see it when I come down! You have 2 weeks to finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project! I will be perfect for Diet COKES. I know that is what you have in mind for it.

    Keep us posted.

    Lots of love from SUNNY and WARM San Diego,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg, I am so impressed that you actually have a miter saw in the garage!!! Looking forward to seeing the end product.

    ReplyDelete