Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Calendar Filling Up

It is well known between my family and friends that I am a spur of the moment kind of guy, and that making “plans” doesn’t suite me. There are several reasons I feel this way, like what happens if things fall through, or what happens if someone is late, or what if its not as exciting as you thought. There is no let down on just winging it, but as I stare at my summer calendar this morning there are only 4 weekends open to anything from now until September.


Weekend

My Brother and Cousin Jenna are coming to visit for the weekend. This should be a great time to catch up and to have some fun. The weather is supposed to be nice and enjoyable. I have not seen them in quite sometime and they haven’t had the LBK experience in awhile either, this could make for a large time. Even though Jenna tried, we have absolutely no plans at all, but that is what will make it awesome!


Completely Useless Information

During the California Gold Rush of 1849 miners sent their laundry to Honolulu for washing and pressing. Due to the extremely high costs in California during these boom years it was deemed more feasible to send the shirts to Hawaii for servicing. Dude, its 1849, go chunk that shirt in a river!


A Quote

“I wish my name was Brian because maybe sometimes people would misspell my name and call me Brain. That's like a free compliment and you don't even gotta be smart to notice it.”

-Mitch Hedberg

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the weekend!... RIP Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with the family this weekend. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried for 3 yrs (during college) to "just wing it". Does not work for me!!!! When I make plans, it happens!!!!

    ReplyDelete